Wednesday, October 6, 2010

How I Fixed my Blog Post - Missing Images

To my surprise - my images were missing when my blog post was graded! In a nutshell - I screen captured and pasted the screen shots into the blog entry window (where I'm typing right now). I then adjusted the alignment and size so it would appear correctly in the post. I then saved the post. I went back and edited it a few times - the final save still had the images. I was stunned when I saw my grade - and then subsequently stunned when I went to the post and saw the "place holders" for the images - but no images!


I then went to blogger in the edit mode - Re captured all the screen shots - but this time, instead of pasting the graphic - I opened the graphic in preview (Apple's Image/PDF software), saved it with a name to my desktop, then uploaded it in the blog window - using the "Insert Image" command in the menu in this window. This has solved the problem.

Insert Image: 







You can check to see if it's working in this simple manner - once you upload the image, save the post (you can always go back and edit). Visit the post on your blog - then click on an image. IF the image OPENS larger and fills the browser - you are all set - if  NOT - then back to the drawing board!

In essence - you can't "paste" directly into the blog post - the image needs to be uploaded, then inserted! More work - but a much better result.

No comments:

Post a Comment